You are here
Jim Carlisle - Exit Planning Niche
On this episode of What Advisors Need to Know, Jim Carlisle discusses how the Exit Planning Process results in new client engagement, the benefits of finding a niche, and marketing Exit Planning services to business owners.
Jim Carlisle, a Partner and a member of the Corporate Department and the Business, Acquisitions and Securities practice group, engineers outcomes for business owners to ensure that they achieve their objectives. As a corporate lawyer, he has over 25 years of experience working with business owners in connection with growth initiatives, financing, generational transfers, third party sales and general business matters. Jim is a frequent speaker at events throughout the United States with respect to growth and exit planning, mergers and acquisitions and family business.
He provides clients with his focus, attention and passion. Jim offers his perspective, experience and judgment to help clients make the best decisions with respect to their most important issues.
Jim’s provides services to business owners in the following areas: Growth & Exit Planning; Mergers and Acquisitions; General Corporate; Family Business and Emerging Business and Technology. For more information related to these areas, please click on the Experience Tab.
Jim and his wife of 25 years, Erin, reside in Murrysville with their two children Alexa and Aidan. In his free time, Jim is involved with many forms of group exercise including basketball, yoga, Crossfit, tennis, martial arts, volleyball, running, etc. He has completed a marathon and many half marathons. Jim coaches numerous sports teams with his children – Franklin Regional basketball, hockey, and soccer.
Memberships & Affiliations
- University of Pittsburgh Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence, Sponsor, Speaker and Contributor
- Innovation Institute, Sponsor, Speaker and Contributor
- Pantherlab Works, Sponsor, Speaker and Contributor
- Urban & Community Entrepreneurship Program, Sponsor, Speaker and Contributor
- Business Enterprises, Inc., National Speaker/Contributor
- Animal Friends, Member of Finance Committee
- The Alternative Board – Pittsburgh, Board Member
- Murrysville SportZone, LLC, Member of Board of Directors
- Pittsburgh Ice Arena, L.P., Member of Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Business Law Committee, Small Business Committee and Negotiated Acquisitions Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- CExP – Certified Exit Planner
- Leadership Pittsburgh XXI, Graduate